Happy New Year! The Internet says this is the time of year to reflect and to plan. And I have. Listed here are not New Year’s resolutions nor 2020 goals but an inventory of what’s on my mind heading into the new year.
Here is my 2019 annual review (h/t to the Full Focus Planner Quarterly Preview.)
What will you keep doing?
In 2020, I will continue to…
- Use the Full Focus Planner (FFP) in 1Q 2020
- Plan today’s tasks toward goals in FFP
- Make time for family and friends
- Move, stand and exercise daily
- Go to the gym daily
- Go to church
- Take notes
What will you improve?
In 2020, I will improve on the above by starting to…
- Limit FFP goals & habits (more on goals vs. habits later) to 2 / quarter
- Use Things 3 for task management outside of my FFP daily big 3
- Call Mom & Dad more often
- Track calories daily (healthy body’s made in the kitchen)
- Add swimming to my gym workouts
- Reading One-Year Bible daily
- Review my notes weekly
- Journal as part of ritual
What will you start doing?
In 2020, I will start to…
- Create by blogging daily.
- Focus on system and habits.
- Look people in the eye when talking.
- Spend at least an hour/day in CIO mode.
- Consistently and proactively use time blocks.
What will you stop doing?
In 2020, I will stop…
- being distracted
- creating so many “goals” and deadlines
- jumping immediately to coding solutions vs. managing